Friday, February 10, 2012

Brownie Girl Scout Goodies

I am more and more excited about our troop each day. Something always happens that makes me think of the girls and what a wonderful time we have before us.
The other day Miss Mary and I made a trip to the Girl Scout store to get materials and items for the girls. It was as if we walked into a candy store. Elaine at the council is incredibly helpful if you need assistance with vest selection etc...You will receive your troop numbers on Tuesday and the pins at the Investiture ceremony on February 28th. You may be tempted to purchase extra special items for your girls - jewelry, t-shirts, charms. I will caution you to make sure items are not those meant to be awarded to girls after they have achieved a milestone. Miss Mary was ready to buy the store and had to be stopped!
I finally found my oldest daughter's Brownie vest and wanted to show you the back of the vest. The back is reserved for special activity patches. Girl Scouts love to show off various activites this way - our girls will be no different! I have already made a list of activities and patches we will be able to apply to the back of the vest throughout the year(s).
If you have any questions about the vest etc...I will have ours on Tuesday, February 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment